Today we will delve into the complex issue of trucking incentives 2022 issued by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Sustainable Mobility.
These are incentives that make it possible to apply for grants regarding the renewal of vehicles for the improvement of the ecological situation in our country.
The measure will help push for more green investment by trucking companies for hire or reward for all fleet purchases made after Dec. 16, 2021.
There will be two windows for submitting applications on trucking incentives:
- The first from 10 a.m. on May 2, 2022 to 4 p.m. on June 10, 2022
- The second from 10 a.m. on October 3, 2022 until 4 p.m. on November 16, 2022
Trucking Incentives Decree 2022: what does it cover?
The decree on trucking incentives also provides a list regarding what is and is not eligible for funding, let’s find out the main cases for which aid is intended:
- The purchase of Euro 6 diesel vehicles only if you prove the scrapping of old vehicles of 7 tons or more
- The purchase of Euro 6-D Final and Euro 6 light commercial vehicles of 3.5 tons and above up to 7 tons and the demonstrated scrapping of vehicles of the same type.
- The purchase of hybrid or all-electric alternative drive vehicles
- The purchase of trailers or semi-trailers for trucking rail or maritime sector or the replacement of refrigeration/heating units of obsolete and polluting vehicles.
It is worth mentioning that the decree requires that a single enterprise at a time of trucking can submit only one application, this may include several types of investment. The maximum financeable limit is €550,000 per company. The first list of beneficiaries will be published in July 2022.
Trucking incentives 2022: the application to be submitted
Applications for trucking incentives 2022 in the submission must contain, under penalty of exclusion:
- The Application Form filled out and digitally signed by the legal representative or attorney of the company that you will find on the website of the Ministry of Sustainable Infrastructure and Mobility.
- A Copy of the valid identification document of the representative or attorney of the company
- The Copy of the acquisition contract for the incentive goods evidencing purchases and expenditures since December 16, 2021.
When the first phase is completed, RAM Spa, the ministerial company in charge of applications, will publish the list in July of enterprises and then move on to the second phase related to the previously declared investment.
It is good to know that there will also be two time windows for the so-called reporting phase:
- The first incentive period in which reporting is to take place from July 4, 2022 to April 1, 2023
- Applications submitted in the second incentive period must be made by September 2023.
Among the trucking incentives in the investment decree is a part related specifically to vehicles with great environmental sustainability.
These are loans related to purchases of alternative drive vehicles powered by CNG and LNG, hybrid (diesel/electric) and electric (full electric). To prove that the vehicle is sustainable you will have to submit:
- indication of the license plate number for the purpose of proving that the registration took place, for the first time in Italy after November 2021
- The manufacturer’s technical certificate issued on letterhead, showing the existence of the sustainable technical characteristics required by the Decree of the Minister of Infrastructure, Transport and Sustainable Mobility
If a scrapping of old polluting vehicles is also attested at the same time, in order to obtain greater and incentive, it must have taken place during the period of entry into force of the November 18, 2021 Ministerial Decree.
Why choose Autotrasporti Virdò?
Over the years, our company has distinguished itself in the logistics and transportation industry as one of the most serious and reliable, offering domestic and international shipments. Learn about all our trucking services and fleet.